Sunday 12 July 2015

RCA SHOW


Last Sunday I went to see the final thesis show for students at the Royal College of Art. I was quite impressed by the work the students did, and made me excited to get back to studio in the fall. I mainly looked at the schools of architecture and sculpture, but the school has many other departments.


Ahhh 3d printed models! This particular exhibit was for a building that was based off bible verses, each model represented a different verse. Don't ask me how they interpreted the verses into models... it honestly doesn't make sense to me but I found it really interesting and displayed beautifully. 


I loved the contrast in the photographs this student used.


This stack of paper was located across the room from the patterns painted on the wall across from it. You can see the direct connection the artist is showing, pretty cool!


These are smashed flat screens...there was an entire room filled with them! They looked like they were artfully destroyed...must have been an expensive project. 



I love this technique for model building! It gives a natural look to the model, as opposed to the 3d printed models that are typical today. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment